ND Group was proud to sponsor the prestigious Innovator of the Year 2018 Awards, hosted at Düsseldorf business club the Wirtschaftsclub Düsseldorf.
The annual awards ceremony, organised by multimedia entrepreneur network for the German Mittlestand, Die Deutsche Wirtschaft, is a significant event in the German business calendar, inviting 80,000 entrepreneurs to vote across six categories and this year hitting a new voting record of 10,341 entrepreneurs.
18 ‘innovators’ were selected across the six categories, plus an audience prize per category. An honorary prize also went to entrepreneur and TV icon Judith Williams for her exemplary success story and promotion of entrepreneurialism.
Wirtschaftsclub Düsseldorf is an ND Group entity and hosted the audience of 200 entrepreneurs and businesspeople at its prime central Düsseldorf location.
North Rhine-Westphalia Economics Minister Professor, Dr Andreas Pinkwart, also attended, addressing the audience with a message about the inextricable link between innovation and digitization and the need for Germany to work hard on accelerating digital progress. Professor Dr Ulrike Detmers, partner and member of the management of the Gütersloh Mestemacher Group, also gave a speech, praising Judith Williams for her work to promote entrepreneurialism.
ND Group Chief Marketing Officer, Kaan Savul, said:
“ND Group originated from a group of innovators taking a risk and doing something new. Our support for the Innovator of the Year 2018 Award was an opportunity to show the German business community that we continue to hold these values in high regard, and that entrepreneurialism must always be supported and celebrated.”
The winners of this year’s awards were as follows:
Category: Technology & Products
- OPTIMAL SYSTEMS GmbH, Petra Blume
- alimex GmbH, Dr. Philip Grothe
- VDMG trading GmbH, Marco van der Meer
- Mandat Managementberatung GmbH, Prof. Dr. Guido Quelle
- gatc L.P., Gerd W. Kichniawy
- PLU Top Assistant GmbH, Christine Walker
- Alexander Thamm GmbH, Michaela Tiedemann
- mantro GmbH, Andreas Reichert
- ams.Solution AG, Simone Schiffgens
Category: Marketing & Communication
- REINSCLASSEN GmbH & Co. KG, Veronika Classen
- VORZEIGE HELDEN, Jeannine Halene
- CHT Germany GmbH – unable to attend
Category: Working Environment
- TEMPTON Holding GmbH, Dr. Annett Tischendorf
- Carpus+Partner AG, Tobias Ell
- Microsoft Deutschland GmbH, Markus Köhler
Category: Public Sector & Regions
- Wirtschaftsförderungsgesellschaft Rhein-Kreis Neuss mbH/ Technologiezentrum Glehn GmbH, Hans-Jürgen Petrauschke
- Berchtesgadener Land Wirtschaftsservice GmbH, Dr. Thomas Birner
- müsterLAND.digital e.V., Matthias Günnewig